Eggplant was in the veggie pack today and if you need a good eggplant recipe you may want to check out this one. This is a spicy dish so if you aren’t into spice, just substitute the Rotel with some diced tomatoes and eliminate the crushed red pepper.
My husband actually likes this recipe and he doesn’t care for eggplant. I think it’s the spicy that hides the eggplant for him.
- 1 medium eggplant (thickly sliced)
- 2 Red Bell Peppers (thickly sliced)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 6 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 10.5 oz can of Rotel
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp crush red pepper
- 1 package of Angel Hair Pasta
- Spray both sides of Eggplant and Red Bell Peppers with olive oil season with salt and pepper and place on foil poke or metal grill pan with holes and grill eggplant for approximately 2 minutes on each side
- Eggplant and Bell Peppers should be tender. After cooked, slice into bite size pices
- Mean while, boil water and add pasta. Cool to al dente, then drain.
- In a pan over med heat add 1/4 cup of olive oil and add onion cook for about 1 min and then add garlic - continue to cook until onion is translucent.
- Then add Rotel tomatoes, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper and cook until heated.
- Add Cooked Angel Hair Pasta to mixture along with eggplant and pepper then serve.
This is also a great recipe to freeze, so be sure to make extra. You can freeze it in a ziploc container and heat it up in the microwave for 2-3 minutes. Super Simple!
Have you tried this Eggplant Recipe?
Submit and share your photos and comment and tell us your thoughts on this and if you added anything else to this Eggplant Recipe
Want to make another main dish from your basket? Check out our other Main Courses tab.