This Sweet Potatoes Cupcake Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting, instantly became a hit with the family. We had some guests over and I had a few sweet potatoes left from my Bountiful Basket, I figured why not do this cupcake recipe and add some cream cheese frosting.
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1/2 butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Boil Water and add Sweet Potatoes -- Cook until tender.
- Then remove skin and mash.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In one bowl, Whisk together flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger and nutmeg.
- In another bowl, Whisk together butter, sugar, brown sugar and eggs.
- Add dry ingredients slowly and then add mashed sweet potato, mix all together to cake like batter.
- Fill cupcake tins with paper liners and add 3/4 of batter to the liner.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Test with a toothpick in the center, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for about 10-15 mins before frosting.
- Add cream cheese and butter and blend with mixer until creamy. Mix in the vanilla and slowly add the powered sugar. Continue to blend until all ingredients are smooth.
Be sure to check out our other desserts