This week we had a bunch of lemons in our basket. Need some ideas of what to do with your Lemons? Why not try this Lemon Bar Recipe.
Most of the ingredients you should already have on hand. Such as flour, sugar and butter. It’s a quick recipe too!
- Part 1 -
- 1 cup of butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Part 2 -
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (1 used 2 large lemons to get the 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Then using Part 1 ingredients - make sure butter is soft (room tempature) Then blend together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cups of flour until all of the ingredients are formed together.
- Using an ungreased 9x13 baking pan, press the ingredients into the bottom of the pan, ensuring the entire pan is covered.
- Now bake it for 20 minutes until golden.
- In another bowl, combine Part 2 Ingredients - Whisk together 4 eggs, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, 1/4 cup of flour, 1/2 cup lemon juice. Then pour over top of baked crust and bake for another 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into squares and serve.
Optional top with powdered sugar.
Tip when squeezing lemons -- roll lemon on the counter several times to soften it. Cut in half, then insert a fork into the center, while twisting the lemon. Then use a strainer to remove pulp and seeds.