How to choose a ripe pineapple is simple and for those of you that wondering how to cut a pineapple is pretty simple too!
I’ve put together a few collages, so you can see how I chose a ripe pineapple and the step I used to cut it too.
1. From the top center of the pineapple crown, pluck a leaf. The leaf should come out easy, if the pineapple is ripe.
2. You can also smell if the pineapple is ripe, by smelling the bottom of the pineapple. When the pineapple is upright all of the sugary liquid tends to sit in the bottom. So be sure to turn the pineapple upside down for about 15-20 mins before you cut it.
3. Pull off the pineapple crown. You can do this by twisting it. Take a towel or pot holder if needed to grab the top.
4. Slice off each end of the pineapple.
5. Looking from the top, you can see the skin outline, you want to cut just underneath the skin.
6. Start by cutting one side of the layer.
7. Continue cutting the other layers, as close to the skin as possible.
8. Trim off any excess skin pieces.
9. Until you’ve moved around the entire pineapple. It should be as clean as possible.
10. Lay the pineapple down on the side, then measure how thick you want your slices.
11. Cut several of the same width pineapple slices.
12. If you want to keep it as a whole slice be sure to trim out the core.
13. You can also prepare to cut it into chunks. Make 4 cuts and then toss the core.
14. Continue with Step 13 and finish slicing everything into chuck size bites.
Don’t want to cut your own? Consider this Stainless Steel Pineapple Slicer.
If you loved this tutorial, be sure to check out our other food tips and comment below and let me know your method for How to Choose A Ripe Pineapple and How to Cut a Pineapple Too!